Wednesday, October 24, 2012


While pumpkins are generally considered non-toxic for pets, making them a safe Halloween decoration, remember that jack-o-lanterns are a different story! Jack-o-lanterns often have lit candles inside of them, making them potentially hazardous for pets who may knock them over. Candles have open flames and hot melted wax that could do a lot of damage. We encourage you to keep jack-o-lanterns out of your pet’s reach, and consider using powered lights instead of candles. These can be purchased cheaply at most stores that sell Halloween decorations. They look almost as natural as flames but are so much safer!